2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1165-1168
1165. A district conference may establish a district conference action committee (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:9) that shall perform the functions of a resolutions committee. It shall consist of the district superintendent, the district treasurer, and from three to nine other members elected by the conference with due consideration for lay representation (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1175:2). The district conference may delegate the election of the committee members to the district board of administration. The district superintendent shall be the chair or shall appoint another to serve instead, and the committee shall elect a secretary and other officers as deemed necessary. 1168. The duties of the district conference action committee are:
- (1) To receive all resolutions and memorials for the district conference, to review them, and to report them to the district conference with the committee’s recommendation except as provided for in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1233:9 (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1150-1156).
- (2) To conduct and report on any research or investigation regarding the merits of proposed district legislation as requested by the district conference or district board of administration, or as deemed necessary by the committee.
- (3) To assign members of the committee to study, prepare, and plan any phase of the committee’s work and report back to the committee.
- (4) To review the standing rules of the district in order to make recommendations to the district conference concerning the alignment of such rules with General Conference legislation, and concerning any other necessary amendments (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:5).
- (5) To provide, if possible, all delegates to the district conference with copies of resolutions or memorials, properly classified, at least ten days before the opening of the district conference.