2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1429
1429. A district director of Global Partners shall be elected by the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:35; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1175:2), unless the district conference by prior action has voted to authorize the district board of administration to appoint the district director of Global Partners. The term of office, amenability and other requirements as a district departmental officer are set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1275-1292. The duties of the district director of Global Partners are:
- (1) To report the election or appointment promptly to the Executive Director of Global Partners and to cooperate with the same in promoting an interest in and a burden for world missions outreach within the district.
- (2) To make a general plan of activities for the year and submit it to the district board of administration for approval (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1410).
- (3) To assist the district superintendent in arranging for home ministries work within the district by missionaries and representatives of the Global Partners Division.
- (4) To assist the district superintendent in planning and conducting special services in the interests of world missions at the district conference or camp meeting; to arrange for promotional displays and the distribution of literature at district or zone meetings.
- (5) To assist pastors in planning for world missions conventions and in promoting world missions in the local church.
- (6) To keep a record of all activities, reports, and correspondence and to submit this to the successor in office.
- (7) To submit an annual report of official activities to the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:13), including a financial report of expenses and a report of what has been accomplished by the district for world missions, a copy of which shall be forwarded to the Executive Director of Global Partners; and to submit other reports as may be requested (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1288).
- (8) To perform other duties in the interest of world missions outreach as may be requested by the district conference or the district board of administration.