2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 302
From Wesleyan Discipline
302. The rights of membership are:
- (1) The fellowship of the saints and the encouragement, admonition, and spiritual guidance of the ministry.
- (2) The access to the sacraments and ordinances of the Church.
- (3) The right to participate in any vote being taken by the local church conference.
- (4) The eligibility to hold leadership positions (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:552:2-3), providing the qualifications are met (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:260-268; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:558) and if not under discipline.
- (5) The right to hearing and appeal if charged with failure to maintain the conditions of membership, with the specific provision that joining another religious body shall of itself sever membership in the Church.
- (6) A member in good standing in any Wesleyan church is entitled to membership privileges in any Wesleyan church to which a transfer of membership may be desired, subject to 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:567.